Continuous Vacuum Belt Filter
The continuous vacuum belt filter (CVBF) is used for the filtration of liquids by means of a continuous filter belt. In comparison to hydrostatic filters, the CVBF has the advantage of a vacuum assisted filtration. Therefore a higher throughput and a better drainage of the filter cake can be achieved.
The filtration is done by a filter belt made of stainless steel or plastic, adapted to the individual application. A float switch controls the belt transport and the filter cake is stripped off into a dirt tank. The continuous vacuum belt filter is made of stainless steel.
The wastewater is fed into the filter from above, and gets evenly distributed over the entire fleece width through a cascade box. The filter belt is fed into the water chamber from the bottom. The filtration is performed on an inclined plane, whereas the actual filtration happens in the lower part of the belt, and a post-dewatering of the filter cake takes place in the upper part.
The gear motor is switched on once a certain water level is exceeded. The filter belt together with the filter cake is then pulled upward and the cake is stripped off. The belt is cleaned by a brush roller and a rinsing device and fed back into the water chamber from the bottom. Due to the now lower flow resistance, the water level decreases and the motor stops.
A lateral channel compressor constantly sucks air out of the filter chamber, thus creating a slight vacuum at the filtrate side.
The continuous vacuum belt filter can be used, for example, for continuous treatment of cooling lubricants or for degreasing baths. Further fields of application are the filtration of wash waters, fish ponds, wastewater (e.g. after precipitation/flocculation) as well as other process waters.
Further applications can be found in our industry solutions for:
Advantages of the continuous vacuum belt filter:
- filter belt supply from bottom -> the filter belt is loaded with sediment first
- flotation tailing is extracted together with the sediment at the discharge side -> optimal use of fleece
- filter cake is removed from the belt -> no consumables
- filter made of stainless steel -> long life
- rinsing of filter belt can be done with fresh or circulation water
- compact, ready to use unit
- vacuum support -> higher throughput and a better drainage of the filter cake in comparison to hydrostatic filters